Sudbury, ON - With the recent deployment of Motorola’s cutting edge MPEG-4 video compression technology, Eastlink has further enhanced its fibre optic network to give customers in Sudbury access to 110 high-definition (HD) TV channels. Included are popular sports channels like Sportsnet World HD and CBS Sports Network HD, specialty channels like FX Canada HD, Hollywood Suite HD, TMC HD, WFN HD, and Food Network HD, and local network programming in HD including CBC, CTV and Global.
Deborah Shaffner, Eastlink's president and Chief Operating Officer, said the deployment of this latest technology can be expected in several other markets across Canada in the weeks and months to come. "We're investing heavily to provide the best video experience. Our customers have very high expectations when it comes to video quality, choice in programming and OnDemand services.”
The incorporation of MPEG-4 technology enables Eastlink to support the highest quality broadcast and OnDemand HD and 3D services for its customers. Among recent video content milestones:
· Food Network HD - the destination for Canadians for all things food-related featuring North America’s most popular chefs. Food Network
· Hollywood Suite HD - 4 HD movie channels boasting 450 uncut, unedited and commercial-free movies monthly around the clock. Hollywood Suite
· CNN HD On Demand - more information & opinion with CNN OnDemand. Up to 10 hours of content is available each month, including specials, interviews and series such as Piers Morgan Tonight, CNN Presents and much more. CNN On Demand
· FX Canada HD - a premier specialty channel featuring critically acclaimed movies and original series like Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story and Wilfred. FX Canada
· Travel+Escape HD – the ultimate channel destination for travel enthusiasts showcasing compelling stories that highlight the most exotic and luxurious experiences the world has to offer. Travel and Escape
“This upgrade reflects our ongoing commitment to deliver state-of-the-art fibre optic products and services to our customers, “ said Jack Nolan, Eastlink Regional Manager. “We’re proud of having a fibre network that delivers the fastest Internet speeds (up to 100 Mbps), full featured phone, Video OnDemand, Multi-Room DVR, and now the most HD in Sudbury – over 100 HD channels.”
Eastlink hinted about upcoming HD channel additions including a popular news channel and a brand new family channel. Mr. Nolan would only say that the company continues to invest in maintaining its content lead.
For more information on Eastlink’s extensive HD lineup, Eastlink
With more than 1,700 employees from coast to coast, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment, internet, and telephone services to residential, business and public-sector customers across Canada.
Powered by a state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink’s advanced services include Whole Home DVR, Video OnDemand, HD and 3D programming, High Speed Internet scalable to 200 Mbps, competitive local and long distance telephone services, Eastlink Wireless, and exclusive locally-produced programming via Eastlink TV. Eastlink has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best managed Companies for seven years running.
Jill Laing, Public and Media Relations
Phone: (902) 446-1939