March 2, 2012 PEI - With the recent deployment of Motorola’s cutting edge MPEG-4 video technology, Eastlink has further boosted its fibre network to give customers in Charlottetown and Summerside access to over 110 high-definition (HD) TV channels. These channels include the new and popular FX Canada HD and Food Network HD, sports programming with CBS College Sports HD, movie channels like AMC HD and Hollywood Suite HD, specialty channels like OWN HD and Family HD, plus local network programming in HD including CBC, CTV and Global.
Deborah Shaffner, Eastlink's president and Chief Operating Officer, said the investment in this latest technology is another example of Eastlink’s commitment to provide PEI with the very best products and services, local jobs, and community programming through Eastlink TV. "Our customers have very high expectations when it comes to video quality, choice in programming and OnDemand video services. We're investing heavily to give our TV customers the best video experience."
The incorporation of MPEG-4 technology enables Eastlink to support the highest quality broadcast and OnDemand HD and 3D services for its customers. Among recent video content additions:
· Food Network HD - the destination for Canadians for all things food-related featuring North America’s most popular chefs. Food Network
· Hollywood Suite HD - 4 HD movie channels boasting 450 uncut, unedited and commercial-free movies monthly around the clock. Hollywood Suite
· CNN HD On Demand - more information & opinion with CNN OnDemand. Up to 10 hours of content is available each month, including specials, interviews and series such as Piers Morgan Tonight, CNN Presents and much more. CNN On Demand
· FX Canada HD - a premier specialty channel featuring critically acclaimed movies and original series like Sons of Anarchy, American Horror Story and Wilfred. FX Canada
· Travel+Escape HD – the ultimate channel destination for travel enthusiasts showcasing compelling stories that highlight the most exotic and luxurious experiences the world has to offer. Travel and Escape
· Peachtree HD – a favourite destination for live broadcasts of Atlanta Braves games, hit sitcoms including comedy series such as My Name is Earl, The Office, Seinfeld, Family Guy, The King of Queens, According to Jim, and The Cosby Show, drama series like the critically acclaimed Law and Order as well as blockbuster movies every night, prime-time shows like Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, and original specials. Peachtree TV
“This upgrade reflects our ongoing commitment to deliver state-of-the-art fibre optic products and services to our customers,” continued Ms. Shaffner. “We’re proud of having a fibre network that delivers among the fastest Internet speeds (up to 100 Mbps), full featured phone, Video OnDemand, Multi-Room DVR, and now more than 110 HD channels and growing.”
Eastlink proudly supports many groups and organizations across Prince Edward Island including the QEH Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, Chambers of Commerce, and the Gold Cup Parade to name a few. The Eastlink Centre in Summerside plays host to many activities including PEI Storm basketball games and events including the recent Elton John concert and most recently, Hockey Day in Canada.
Eastlink hinted about upcoming HD channel additions including a popular news channel and a brand new family channel. Ms. Shaffner would only say that the company continues to invest in maintaining its content lead.
For more information on Eastlink’s extensive HD lineup, Eastlink.ca
With more than 1,700 employees from coast to coast, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment, internet, and telephone services to residential, business and public-sector customers across Canada.
Powered by a state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink’s advanced services include Whole Home DVR, Video OnDemand, HD and 3D programming, High Speed Internet scalable to 200 Mbps, competitive local and long distance telephone services, Eastlink Wireless, and exclusive locally-produced programming via Eastlink TV. Eastlink has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best managed Companies for seven years running.
Jill Laing, Public and Media Relations
Phone: (902) 446-1939