Alexandria, Ont. – Eastlink announced today that it has completed a major upgrade to its fibre network giving customers in Alexandria access to the best TV, Internet and phone products in the market.
The newly upgraded, state-of-the-art fibre network enables residential and business customers access to advanced entertainment and telecommunication services including an expanded Digital TV line-up, High Definition (HD) channels, 20Mbps Internet speeds, and incredible savings with bundled video, Internet and local phone services.
“We want our customers to know that we are constantly working to improve their services,” said Jack Nolan, Regional Manager for Eastlink. “The company’s significant investment in Alexandria’s fibre network provides us with the capacity to ensure customers receive a continual new video content additions and the fastest internet available in their area.
“At a time when other providers are focusing primarily on major urban centres, Eastlink is investing in and delivering advanced services to hundreds of smaller communities across Canada. We’re proud to include Alexandria in that list,” explained Mr. Nolan.
Eastlink’s network upgrade includes the addition of:
- More than 200 Digital Channels and over 90 HD Channels
- Multi-Room DVR giving customers the ability to watch DVR recordings from any room in the house, start a recorded show on the DVR and finish watching it on another TV in the home.
- Full 1080 HD and 3D ready DVR and Digital Receivers.
- The fastest Internet speeds with available integrated Wifi and security services.
- Competitive local telephone and long distance services with advanced features such as voice mail to e-mail.
- Savings through Eastlink video, Internet and telephone BUNDLES!
Steve Schoenleber, Eastlink’s Technical Manager for Southeastern Ontario commented, “It’s gratifying to know that customers in Alexandria are now receiving our most advanced services either on par or better than what’s available in larger urban centres like Ottawa and Toronto.”
When asked about what people in Alexandria can expect going forward, Mr. Nolan would only say that Alexandria, as well as many other communities in Southeastern Ontario, can look forward to more exciting news on the video front in the very near future.
– 30 –
Eastlink has a history of being first to market with advanced products and services including:
· First with OnDemand Programming including: AMC, Bold, Documentary, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Eastlink TV, Family, Global, Eastlink Education channel, Karaoke, and Galaxie Music Videos OnDemand
· First to implement advanced HD and 3D ready Digital Receivers and DVR’s
· First to demonstrate 3D programming
· First to market (s)with Multi-Room DVR
· First to enable DVR Expander technology
For more information on Eastlink’s sports programming and packages, and other industry-leading Eastlink products and services, visit http://www.Eastlink.ca/
With more than 1,700 employees from coast to coast, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment, internet, and telephone services to residential, business and public-sector customers across Canada.
Powered by a state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink’s advanced services include Whole Home DVR, Video OnDemand, HD and 3D programming, High Speed Internet scalable to 200 Mbps, competitive local and long distance telephone services, Eastlink Wireless, and exclusive locally-produced programming via Eastlink TV. Eastlink has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best managed Companies for seven years running.
Jill Laing, Public and Media Relations
Phone: (902) 446-1939