Q. Will my remote control work the same or will it change?
A. Your remote control will continue to work as usual unless you upgrade your TV service to our new advanced TV services, in which case you will receive a new remote control.
Q. Do I need to change my TV equipment?
A. A relatively small number of you will need to upgrade your equipment. This will be at no cost to you. Most of these upgrades have already occurred. We will be contacting you by phone if we need to upgrade your equipment. For more information please call 780-672-8839 or visit us to arrange.
Q. Where can I access Video OnDemand?
A. You can access Video OnDemand by simply clicking the “VOD” or “On Demand” button on your remote control.
Q. I recorded programs using my DVR. Will I lose those titles/shows if I sign up to new TV service(s)?
A. You will only lose your titles/shows if you change your DVR equipment.
Q. Will there be any changes to existing LynxNet TV channels?
A. The following changes will be made to existing LynxNet TV channels.
Channel Broadcast Origination Changes:
The originating broadcast location for the following channels, has been changed to better align with Western Canada:
Channel Number Changes:
- - ABC Spokane (KXLY) to ABC Seattle
- - CBS Spokane (KREM) to CBS Seattle
- - Family Channel East to Family Channel West
- - FOX Rochester (WUHF) to FOX Detroit
- - FOX Rochester HD to FOX Detroit HD
- - FOX Spokane (KAYU) to FOX Seattle
- - NBC Spokane (KHQ) to NBC Seattle
- - PBS Spokane (KSPS) to PBS Seattle
- - Teletoon East to Teletoon West
The following channel number changes have been made to simplify channel numbering:
Channels No Longer Available:
- - Stingray Music Channels can be found on channels 900 through 940
- - Pay-Per-View channels can be found on channels 275, 276, 277, HD 690
The following channels will no longer be available due to broadcast license regulations or same channels available.
- - 56 Knowledge Network
- - 62 CBC Yellowknife
- - 70 Aquarium channel
- - 259 Global Saskatoon
- - 315 Pet Network