- Click here to go to Accessibility Services Main Page
- Click here for Accessibility Services information for Wireline Phone
- Click here for information on Voice Carry Over and Hearing Carry Over
- Click here for information on Message Relay Service
- Click here for information on IP Relay Service
- Click here for Accessibility Services information for Television
Eastlink Mobile has the following accessibility services available:
Eastlink is committed to meeting our customers’ needs. Call us at 1-888-345-1111, dial *611 on your mobile phone, or use the Live Chat at the tab on the right side of every page on our website to speak to an Eastlink representative about our services available for our customers with accessibility needs. You can also ask any Eastlink representative to receive your bill in an alternative format. Click here to review the T9-1-1 service and registration featured below on this page.
Eastlink supports services including T9-1-1, IP Relay and accessibility Data to provide accessibility functionality now supported in applications available on Smartphones.
Find a device with the accessibility features that works best for you at http://www.wirelessaccessibility.ca/ or below we have outlined a few recommendations.
Devices designed to work best for your needs.
Physical (Mobility and Dexterity)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+: Control device features and easily access settings via an intuitive interface, instead of preprogrammed gestures.
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max: Check out incredible features like Switch Control (navigate sequentially through onscreen items and perform specific actions using a variety of Bluetooth-enabled switch hardware), Siri, Dictation, Assistive Touch and so much more.
- LG G8X ThinQ Dual Screen: The Knock On and Knock Code features provide an easier experience when trying to unlock your LG device. And, Touch Assistant easily accesses common actions.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+: Samsung provides innovative features, like Sound Balance, messaging and flash notifications, that help get the most from a device.
- iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max: Apple provides many features, like FaceTime, and messaging, making it easier to communicate.
- Two-way video calling is a feature that can allow customers to communicate via sign language using a mobile phone. The effectiveness of video calling will depend on the network speed and video capabilities of your phone, so you should try to test the phone yourself or consult an Eastlink representative to determine whether it meets your needs.
- Other features that may be of interest include hearing aid compatibility and TTY textphone connectivity for those using such services. As the quality and customization of hearing aids vary greatly, hearing aid wearers should test different phones before buying to ensure that the particular model of phone is going to work well with their hearing aid. There are also optional accessories from phone manufacturers that are designed to work well with telecoil equipped hearing aids.
Here are some additional features designed to assist hearing impaired customers found in our most popular devices:
- iPhone: Apple has worked with top manufacturers to create hearing aids designed specifically for iPhone. These advanced hearing aids provide outstanding sound quality, offer many helpful features, and are as easy to set up and use as any other Bluetooth device. Quickly access the features and settings with a paired hearing aid by triple-clicking the Home button
- Samsung Galaxy: There are many new ways of providing 'visualized sound'. While wearing a hearing aid, features such as SoundBalance, Mono Audio, Turn Off all Sounds, Flash Notifications, Adapt Sound, and Create Vibration can assist with checking incoming messages, calls, and sound notifications.
For more information on accessibility of the above devices, please visit:
Samsung accessibility website: https://www.samsung.com/ca/accessibility/mobile/
Apple iOS accessibility website: https://www.apple.com/ca/accessibility/iphone/
LG accessibility website: http://www.lg.com/global/sustainability/customer/accessibility/mobile
Features and Services
Directory Assistance is exempt from charges for calls to 411 for Eastlink Mobile customers who self-identify as having accessibility needs. Please contact us at 1-888-345-1111, dial *611 on your Eastlink Mobile phone, or use Live Chat at the tab on the right side of every page on our website to speak to an Eastlink representative about the Directory Assistance exemption.
Eastlink IP Relay Service
Eastlink IP Relay is a relay service for deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired persons with Eastlink local phone or mobile service. The service allows individuals to place and receive text-based relay calls from their personal computer and/or data-enabled mobile device.
More on Eastlink IP Relay Service
Mobile Rate Plans
Eastlink Mobile customers who self-identify accessibility needs qualify for 1 GB of accessibility Data added to any Data Plus plan. Please contact us at 1-888-345-1111, dial *611 on your mobile phone, or use Live Chat at the tab on the right side of every page on our website to speak to an Eastlink representative about the 1 GB of accessibility Data being added to a Data Plus plan. Click here for a full list of affordable Data Plus plans.