TEXT 911 Registration Form
Terms and Conditions
By checking the box beside "I agree to the Terms & Conditions," you expressly consent and agree to the following terms, conditions and service limitations of the T9-1-1 Service.
Please read the limitations and terms of this T9-1-1 service below, and make sure you fully understand them before agreeing to accept the terms. The T9-1-1 Service is further subject to the terms and conditions included in your Eastlink Wireless Service Agreement and Eastlink's Terms of Service, which can be found at www.eastlink.ca/terms and are subject to change.
Us, we, our, Eastlink, the Company: means Eastlink
T9-1-1 Service: allows pre-registered deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired (DHHSI) persons to communicate with PSAPs via SMS messaging during open call sessions
Equipment: means any device, equipment or hardware used to access the Service(s) or used in conjunction with the Service(s).
Customer, you, your: means the customer
PSAP: means the Public Safety Answering Point where 9-1-1 calls are answered
- The T9-1-1 Service is only available to DHHSI persons. Any non-DHHSI persons found using the T9-1-1 Service may be deregistered at Eastlink's discretion.
- The T9-1-1 Service is only available to customers with an Eastlink Wireless Service account in good standing, in Eastlink's opinion. When your account is terminated for any reason, or is in a pending to close state, you will not have access to the T9-1-1 Service.
- Completing this registration form does not mean you are registered for the Service. You will only be fully registered for the T9-1-1 Service when Eastlink provides you written confirmation that we have completed your registration. This process may take as long as two (2) business days.
- Only the wireless telephone numbers that Eastlink has confirmed are registered for the T9-1-1 Service will have access. If you own multiple wireless devices, only the wireless device assigned to the wireless telephone number Eastlink has confirmed is registered will have access to the T9-1-1 Service.
- The T9-1-1 Service is only available on devices Eastlink has confirmed are compatible. The T9-1-1 Service may not be available if you insert your SIM card in an unregistered wireless device. Any combination of an unregistered wireless telephone number or unregistered device will result in a loss of access to the T9-1-1 Service. You may also be required to unlock your wireless device's keypad by entering your password or other code to exchange SMS messages.
- The T9-1-1 Service is only available where Eastlink has wireless service coverage, such coverage is subject to change without notice. Please visit www.eastlink.ca/wireless for coverage details.
- The T9-1-1 Service is only available where the PSAP has confirmed it is ready to support such communications. Please visit www.TextWith911.ca for a complete list of capable PSAPs.
- You understand that you must first call 9-1-1 for the T9-1-1 Service to work. Any SMS messages sent directly to "9-1-1" or a number you have previously exchanged emergency messages with will not be completed.
- Residence of NL – You must not block your phone number prior to calling 9-1-1.
- You understand that, after dialing 9-1-1, you must wait for the PSAP's SMS message response before you are able to reply via SMS.
- You understand that you must not hang up your 9-1-1 call while you exchange SMS messages with the PSAP. You further understand that if the call is terminated for any reason and you still require assistance, you must call 9-1-1 again to restart the session.
- You understand and acknowledge that the T9-1-1 Service is a best effort service and delivery is not guaranteed.
- Misuse and/or abuse of the T9-1-1 Service may result in actions, including but not limited to termination of your T9-1-1 Service.
Close This Window
- Neither Eastlink, the 9-1-1 Service Provider(s), nor the PSAPs or their agents make any guarantee as to the delivery, compliance with and/or success of the T9-1-1 Service, and you shall hold all parties harmless in cases of failure to perform or successfully execute any T9-1-1 Service activity
- Eastlink, the 9-1-1 Service Provider(s), and the 9-1-1 call centre(s) or their agents will not be liable for any damages, costs, claims, losses or expenses, including, without limitation, any indirect, special consequential, incidental, economic or punitive damages, that arise from, or are due to, any interruptions, delays, errors or defects in the transmission of an emergency communication that is made using the T9-1-1 Service.