Eastlink CEO Lee Bragg
Halifax, NS – Eastlink announced its latest video innovation with Remote DVR, a free and convenient way to schedule and manage DVR recordings from a computer, tablet or smartphone, from anywhere.
Eastlink’s Chief Executive Officer, Lee Bragg, said that Eastlink Remote DVR is designed to complement the busy lifestyles of today’s consumers.
“With this new product, our customers can program their DVR from anywhere at anytime, so they’ll never have to miss their favourite TV show, movie or sporting event.”
Mr. Bragg added that one of the best features of the Remote DVR service is how easy it is use.
The latest in a series of video innovations, Eastlink Remote DVR gives customers the ability to:
- Access an easy-to-follow web-based TV guide
- View a list of scheduled recordings, up to 14 days in advance, cancel and create new recordings·
- Search for TV programs by type - movie, sports, kids etc. - view episode details and schedule recordings
Eastlink Remote DVR is available at no extra charge to Eastlink DVR customers across Canada. Registering is easy; customers can sign up by going to www.eastlink.ca/rdvr.
Mr. Bragg added: “We are committed to providing our customers with the very best TV experience. Eastlink Remote DVR is a great example of this commitment.”
Recent Eastlink video innovations include:
- The launch of Eastlink To Go enabling customers to watch TV shows, movies and even local sports on their computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Surpassing the 160 HD channel milestone delivering the most and best HD channels.
- The introduction of Eastlink Ultra Whole Home DVR which allows customers to record up to 6 programs simultaneously and control TV with advanced iPad application
Other recent Eastlink announcements include:
For more information on Eastlink Remote DVR service or any of Eastlink’s other services, please visit www.eastlink.ca or on Facebook and Twitter.
- Introducing Eastlink Wireless: Bundle and save with no term contracts
- Trusted 24/7 Eastlink Home Security with state-of-the-art Home Automation
- 24/7 expert Eastlink Premium Support for all electronics devices in the home
As Canada's largest, family owned and operated telecommunications company with operations in eight Canadian provinces and Bermuda, Eastlink provides residential, business and public sector customers with industry leading video entertainment and communications services.
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink's advanced services include Unmatched TV featuring Personal Picks, Maestro DVR and Video OnDemand, high speed Internet scalable to 200 Mbps, competitive local and long distance telephone, home security and automation, data communications and exclusive locally-produced programming via Eastlink TV. Thanks to its 1,700 employees across Canada, Eastlink has been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for seven years running.
Public and Media Relations