Halifax, NS – Eastlink launched a nationwide campaign today called “Unmatched TV” that is all about the customer and what they want and expect in their TV viewing experience.
“We started this business 40 years ago with TV and we have taken pride in doing it really well – and many would say better than anyone,” says Lee Bragg, Eastlink CEO. “Customers have been very clear about what they want in their video products. Our new Unmatched TV delivers a video experience that revolves around our customers giving them control of their TV experience.”
Mr. Bragg explains that customers want the best viewing experience out there whether it be on TV, computer or mobile device.
“Our customers are busier than ever and expect to be able to watch their content whenever they want, wherever they are, on any device. And that’s precisely what we are focused on delivering.”
When asked about competition in the video market, Mr. Bragg proudly affirms that no other direct competitor delivers what Eastlink’s Unmatched TV delivers, which includes:
- the ability for customers to choose and pay for the channels they want (called “Personal Picks”) launched just today
o Over 75 per cent of consumers rate this a 9 or 10 out of 10 as important to their viewing experience. Eastlink is the first provider to step up and deliver this level of choice.
- the ability for customers to record up to 6 programs (in HD) simultaneously, pause live TV in any room and control TV with advanced iPad application – called Eastlink Maestro
o About half of consumers rate this a 9 or 10 out of 10 as important to their viewing experience
- the addition of new content on including TMN, HBO, HGTV, Food Network to Eastlink To Go enabling customers to watch TV shows, movies and local sports on their TV, computer, tablet or smartphone
o Just under 50 per cent of consumers rate this a 9 or 10 out of 10 as important to their viewing experience. This percentage increases significantly with younger consumers.
- A personalized guide experience with the introduction of TotalGuide xD iPad app, using rich graphical displays featuring favourites, genres, celebrities
o Consumers are viewing TV while exploring the internet and they expect to be able to leverage devices like their tablet, for example, to explore what’s on TV in a more personalized way.
- the ability for customers to schedule and manage DVR recordings from anywhere on their computer, tablet or smartphone - Remote DVR
o Consumers’ busy lives often require that they record their favorite programs and view them later.
- surpassing 160 HD channels delivering the best viewing experience
o Over 75 per cent of consumers have already invested in one or more HDTV’s.
- fall lineup of exciting local programming, in HD, on Eastlink TV including local sports, lifestyle series and compelling documentaries
o In a world where virtually everything is global or centralized, consumers love to support local causes, cheer on local heroes, and hear about good news local stories.
As Canada's largest, family owned and operated telecommunications company with operations in eight Canadian provinces and Bermuda, Eastlink provides residential, business and public sector customers with industry leading video entertainment and communications services.
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink's advanced services include Unmatched TV featuring Personal Picks, Maestro DVR and Video OnDemand, high speed Internet scalable to 200 Mbps, competitive local and long distance telephone, home security and automation, data communications and exclusive locally-produced programming via Eastlink TV. Thanks to its 1,700 employees across Canada, Eastlink has been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for seven years running.
Public and Media Relations