- Flexibility – consumers benefit with a personalized TV lineup by swapping TV channels they don’t watch for ones they want to watch
- Simplicity – online, self-care portal enables consumers to make and activate the channel swap(s) themselves within minutes
- Value – consumers can swap out one or more TV channels, at no extra charge
Halifax, NS – Consumers across Canada now have access to transformational choice and flexibility with the availability of Eastlink’s new ‘TV Channel Exchange’.
A whole new way for consumers to personalize their TV channel line-up, ‘TV Channel Exchange’ enables consumers to swap out one or more TV channels they don’t want in their TV lineup with channels they do want to watch from over 150 selections.
“Consumer interests vary widely and they have been very clear about their sensitivity to pay for TV channels they don’t want,” says Eastlink CEO Lee Bragg. “Younger families may want to swap out channels for more educational and family programming while empty nesters may want to swap out children’s channels for lifestyle, history, or travel-oriented programming.”
Ideally aligned with the “watch what and when I want, and only pay for what I watch” expectations of today’s consumer, Eastlink’s ‘TV Channel Exchange’ includes over 150 individual channels across all genres including family, lifestyle, music, sports, movies, French, news & information, international, and more.
“Consumers are viewing more video content than ever before across multiple types of screens and services including Eastlink Stream,” says Bragg. “The ability to enable our customers to personalize their own channel lineup is a direct result of feedback from many of our loyal customers.”
Swapping channels is easy. Eastlink customers who subscribe to either the Essentials Plus or Maestro bundle, which includes a TV package that comes with 50 popular channels, can simply log into their secure e-care account, review the channels they already have, and then swap out one or more channels giving them their own, personal channel lineup, within minutes.
Customer Experience Examples:
- “My daughter and her two preschool children are visiting this weekend. I went in and swapped channels I don’t watch for lots of children’s and family channels. My daughter was impressed and wondered why her provider doesn’t offer this kind of value.”
- “My dad is retired and he loves his sports and international news. I showed him how to log in to the Eastlink website, and swap out children’s TV channels for 4 new international news AND 3 new sports channels. He was so excited. Still his favourite daughter. ☺”
- “For over a year, we have had an extra theme package and a few personal pick channels. I recently logged in and deactivated the theme and personal picks, then swapped out channels we never watch for the channels we were previously paying extra for. Now that is great value.”
For more information on ‘TV Channel Exchange’ please visit eastlink.ca/tv
Additionally, Eastlink customers can complement any TV package, with individual TV channel selections from over 150 Personal Picks, which can be done easily online.
As Canada’s largest family owned and operated telecommunications company, Eastlink provides world-class television, video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink’s advanced services include High Speed Internet, Wireless, Data, Winston Security and Automation, local and long distance Telephone and exclusive, locally-produced programming on Eastlink TV.
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 10 years, Eastlink has operations across Canada, and helps raise over $3.5M annually for charitable and community organizations across the country.
Public and Media Relations