Charlottetown, PEI – Eastlink introduced its industry-leading Eastlink Internet 30 and Internet 100 offerings today to Charlottetown making it one of the first areas in the country to benefit from the fastest internet speeds on the market .
“The launch of Eastlink Internet 30 and 100 in the Charlottetown area is a direct reflection of our commitment to bring more next generation products and services to our customers,” said Lee Bragg, CEO Eastlink.
“We continue to invest in our enhanced fibre optic network to ensure that existing and new customers have access to the very best communications and entertainment products and services.”
As an indication of the performance capabilities of Eastlink Internet 100, a customer can download a MP3 audio file in less than a quarter of a second, upload a 100 MB video to YouTube in approximately 2.5 minutes, or download an entire DVD in 6.5 minutes.
“Residential and business customers alike are looking for increasingly higher levels of internet performance,” explained Mr. Bragg.
“For example, some households have three or more users on computers, mobile devices such as iPhones, and gaming consoles all connected to the internet at the same time. And businesses are conducting more and more complex transactions online and require high performance internet connectivity to exceed customer expectations.”
Both offerings are available as of June 8th, 2010 in the Charlottetown area including the communities of Stratford, Mt. Herbert, Winslow, and Cornwall.
More about Eastlink Internet 30 and Internet 100:
• Customers can double their speed to Eastlink Internet 30 for only $10 more per month as an add-on to Eastlink’s Watch, Surf and Talk or Watch and Surf Bundles.
• Eastlink Internet 30 Mbps is offered as a standalone service offering at $87.95 per month.
• Eastlink Internet 100 Mbps is offered as a standalone service offering at $159.95 per month.
• Both offerings include additional benefits including 24 X 7 X 365 Customer Support and spam/virus filtered email.
• To benefit from Eastlink Internet 30 or Internet 100, customers can pick up their new modem at the Eastlink Kiosk (Charlottetown Mall - Mon-Sat 9:00-9:00; Sun 12-5) or call Eastlink Customer Care at 1 888-345-1111 to order and book an installation appointment.
For more information on Eastlink Internet 30 and other Eastlink services, please www.Eastlink.ca/Internet
Eastlink has more than 1,500 employees providing a range of communications, entertainment, television and advertising services to residential, business and public sector customers in Atlantic Canada, Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, Manitoba and British Columbia.
Eastlink has the distinction of being the first cable company in Canada to enter the telephone market, and the first communications and entertainment company in North America to combine cable, Internet and telephone service in a communications and entertainment bundle. Eastlink is one of the fastest Internet providers in North America.
At Eastlink, creativity, ingenuity and innovation are the driving forces behind our great products and services. Eastlink has been recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies for the past four years, and its parent company, the Bragg Group, was named Canada's Family Enterprise of the Year for 2009. For more information on Eastlink, please visit www.eastlink.ca.
Public and Media Relations