Timmins, ON – Eastlink announced today that it has completed a major upgrade to its network in Timmins.
The new, state-of-the-art fibre network enables residential and business customers to access advanced entertainment and telecommunication services including High Definition television, OnDemand prime time TV, 100 Mbps internet speeds, and incredible savings with bundled video, internet and local phone services.
“It’s a great time to be an Eastlink customer,” said Jack Nolan, Eastlink Regional Manager.
“It doesn’t seem that long ago when we shared our intention to upgrade the Timmins network. At a time when most of our competitors are focusing only on major urban centres, Eastlink is investing in and delivering advanced services to hundreds of communities across Canada. Today, with our $11 million network investment, we’re proud to deliver on that commitment.”
More about what Eastlink’s fibre network upgrade means for residents and businesses in Timmins:
• Over 80 NEW HD channels and more than 100 NEW Digital channels
• Eastlink OnDemand with a vast library of popular prime time TV shows and thousands of new release movies and Eastlink TV community programming
• Multi-Room DVR giving customers the ability to watch DVR recordings from any room in the house - start a recorded show on the DVR and finish watching it on another TV in the home.
• Full 1080 HD and 3D ready DVR and Digital Receivers
• Wicked fast internet speeds up to 100 Mbps with integrated Wifi and security services
• Competitive local telephone and long distance services with advanced features such as voice mail to e-mail
• Incredible savings through Eastlink video, internet and telephone Bundles
Timmins-based Eastlink Technical Manager, Roland Magnan explained: “Residential and business customer demand continues to grow rapidly for increased internet performance, whether it’s in the home where multiple devices like computers, gaming consoles, tablets, and smart phones simultaneously connect to the internet or at the office where more and more business flows to and from the internet.
Access to world-class telecommunications services, like those Eastlink is delivering in Timmins, plays a vital role in meeting this need, and is certainly a deciding factor in where people choose to live and work.”
Headquartered in Nova Scotia with more than 1,600 employees from coast to coast, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment, internet and telephone services to residential, business and public-sector customers across Canada.
Using its state-of-the-art fibre network, Eastlink offers advanced services including the best OnDemand and HD programming, High Speed Internet including our Internet 100 Mbps, competitive local telephone services, and exclusive locally produced programming via Eastlink TV.
Public and Media Relations