Nova Scotia - Today, Eastlink served up another first introducing its new, customer-focused Wireless service delivered over the first and only 100% 4G LTE network in Canada.
“We are so proud of this new service,” says Lee Bragg, CEO of Eastlink. “Our objective has been to launch a high quality product that provides an exceptional customer experience. Our team has worked tirelessly to deliver on that."
With an investment of circa 200 million dollars, Eastlink’s new wireless service adds another high value product to its iconic bundle.
“Consumers have been very vocal about what they want in a wireless service," says Matthew MacLellan, Eastlink Wireless President. “We’ve invested heavily to design a wireless experience that gives our customers what they’ve told us is most important to them – simple offers, better pricing, no term contracts, and faster, more reliable speeds.”
Pivotal to Eastlink’s new Wireless service is the Eastlink “easyTab”, which gives customers a great phone at a great price, without locking them into onerous term contracts like other carriers.
From a network coverage perspective, customers will be able to use their Eastlink wireless device around the world; the company already boasts more 4G LTE wireless sites across its launch footprint than any of its competitors.
When asked what that means for the customer, Mr. MacLellan explains.“It means that unlike our competitors’ legacy networks, customers in all of our markets, big and small, will experience the same lightning fast speed. So a customer in Amherst for example, will enjoy the same speeds and capabilities as a customer in Halifax.”
Eastlink is marketing its new Wireless service in Halifax, Nova Scotia first, starting Friday, February 15. Other locations are expected to launch in the weeks ahead.
The Eastlink Wireless Difference
The most extensive LTE coverage in the Maritimes
- First and only provider in Canada to offer lightning fast 4G LTE across the entire network.
- Built locally, using state-of-the-art network equipment from Ericsson, the world’s largest and most innovative mobile communications supplier.
- Coverage in 230 countries around the world on our roaming partner networks.
The latest Smartphones with No Term Contracts
- Eastlink easyTab offers low upfront device pricing with no term contracts. Plus, the flexibility to upgrade at any time and earn credit towards the customer’s next device.
- Devices from top-selling Smartphone brands including Samsung, LG, Sony and BlackBerry.
- The world’s most popular Android Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S III.
- First in Atlantic Canada to launch the latest Smartphone from Google - the Nexus 4.
Big Savings in a Bundle
- The more customers have, the more customers save…
- Save 20% off a monthly Wireless plan in a Quad-play Bundle, for each phone in a customer’s household
- Families can share minutes and data
Simple plans. Loaded with Value
- Plans start at $20/mo in a Bundle with No Activation Fees, Unlimited Text and Call Display included.
- Best value Unlimited Talk & Text plan - available for as little as $30 per month.
- Flexible data options, with 1 GB of data from only $16 per month.
- We know our customers best; because we live & work here too.
- Local Customer Care, with a proven record of outstanding customer service.
As Canada's largest, family owned and operated telecommunications company with operations in eight Canadian provinces and Bermuda, Eastlink provides residential, business and public sector customers with industry leading video entertainment and communications services.
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink's advanced services include Unmatched TV featuring Personal Picks, Maestro DVR and Video OnDemand, high speed Internet scalable to 200 Mbps, competitive local and long distance telephone, home security and automation, data communications and exclusive locally-produced programming via Eastlink TV. Thanks to its 1,700 employees across Canada, Eastlink has been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for seven years running.
Public and Media Relations