Halifax, NS – Eastlink unveiled its new video entertainment service today - called Ultra Whole Home DVR - for customers seeking the most advanced video entertainment experience in one, easy-to-use platform.
“This is an incredibly exciting time for us,” says Eastlink CEO Lee Bragg. “We've just launched our new wireless service in Nova Scotia, we recently launched our TV anywhere platform - Eastlink To Go - and now we're taking the home video experience to a whole new level.”
Eastlink’s Ultra Whole Home DVR service provides the most intuitive and user-friendly video entertainment experiences. Eastlink customers can now enjoy:
- a modern, graphic-rich digital guide with advanced search capabilities and access to rich Video OnDemand search functionality
- the ability to record up to six programs simultaneously and have them available on every TV in the home
- full DVR functionality including the ability to pause live TV from every TV in the home
- the ability to remotely schedule DVR recordings
- the most DVR storage with 500 GB built-in (over 200 hours of HD content), with the ability to extend through the addition of external storage
- the ability to control your TV with your iPad including set up of remote recordings (coming soon)
- the ability to share content including pictures from your computer to your TV screen
- Internet connectivity with WiFi to support both in-home wireless networking, iPad application, and media streaming from computer to TV
Ultra Whole Home DVR is currently available to customers in Halifax, Dartmouth, Bedford, Sackville and St. Margaret’s Bay and will be made available to other communities in Nova Scotia and markets across Canada nationally over the coming months.
For more information about Eastlink and its line of industry-leading products and services, visit www.eastlink.ca and check us out on Facebook and Twitter.
As Canada's largest, family owned and operated telecommunications company with operations in eight Canadian provinces and Bermuda, Eastlink provides residential, business and public sector customers with industry leading video entertainment and communications services.
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink's advanced services include Unmatched TV featuring Personal Picks, Maestro DVR and Video OnDemand, high speed Internet scalable to 200 Mbps, competitive local and long distance telephone, home security and automation, data communications and exclusive locally-produced programming via Eastlink TV. Thanks to its 1,700 employees across Canada, Eastlink has been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for seven years running.
Public and Media Relations