Sudbury, ON – Eastlink announced today the completion of a major upgrade to its fibre network giving customers more video content, faster Internet speeds and competitive local phone.
“We continue to invest heavily in Northern Ontario communities like Thessalon and Iron Bridge to give our customers highly competitive products that rival those found in any urban centre,” says Jack Nolan, Regional Manager for Eastlink. “And now they have the opportunity to bundle those services for additional savings.”
Eastlink’s enhanced, state-of-the-art fibre network enables residential and business customers in Thessalon and Iron Bridge access to the most competitive video entertainment and telecommunication services with more Digital TV services including High Definition (HD) programming, Video OnDemand, 20 Megabits per second (Mbps) Internet speeds, and significant savings with bundled video, Internet and local phone services.
With Eastlink’s recent network investment, customers have access to:
- over 144 HD Channels and more than 200 NEW Digital Channels
- whole Home DVR giving customers the ability to watch DVR recordings from any room in the house, start a recorded show on the DVR and finish watching it on another TV in the home
- full 1080 HD and 3D ready DVR and Digital Receivers
- video OnDemand giving customers access to thousands of titles - from movies, prime time TV, sports, music, local events and kids shows – on their own time with the ability to record, pause, rewind and fast forward from any TV in their home
- faster Internet speeds scalable to 20 Mbps with integrated Wifi and security service
- competitive local and long distance telephone services
- significant savings in a triple play video, Internet and phone bundle
Eastlink will be in Thessalon on Saturday, March 16 from 9am-4pm at the Odd Fellows Hall at 146 Main Street. Iron Bridge and Thessalon residents are invited to drop by for more information and check out the new product offerings.
For more information on these and other industry-leading Eastlink products and services, visit www.eastlink.ca
As Canada's largest, family owned and operated telecommunications company with operations in eight Canadian provinces and Bermuda, Eastlink provides residential, business and public sector customers with industry leading video entertainment and communications services.
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink's advanced services include Unmatched TV featuring Personal Picks, Maestro DVR and Video OnDemand, high speed Internet scalable to 200 Mbps, competitive local and long distance telephone, home security and automation, data communications and exclusive locally-produced programming via Eastlink TV. Thanks to its 1,700 employees across Canada, Eastlink has been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for seven years running.
Public and Media Relations