FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 22, 2013
Eastlink puts customers first with new Wireless service in Bridgewater
Halifax, NS - Today, Eastlink served up another first for its customers in Bridgewater by introducing its new, customer-focused Wireless service on Atlantic Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.
“We’re so proud of this new service,” says Lee Bragg, CEO of Eastlink. “Our objective has been to launch a high quality product that provides an exceptional customer experience. Our team has worked tirelessly to deliver on that."
With an investment of circa 200 million dollars, Eastlink’s new wireless service adds another high value product to its iconic bundle.
“Consumers have been very vocal about what they want in a wireless service," said Matthew MacLellan, Eastlink Wireless President. “We’ve invested heavily to design a wireless experience that gives our customers what they’ve told us is most important to them – simple offers, better pricing, no term contracts, and faster, more reliable speeds.”
Pivotal to Eastlink’s new Wireless service is the Eastlink “easyTab”, which gives customers a great phone at a great price, without locking them into onerous term contracts like other carriers.
From a network coverage perspective, customers can use their Eastlink wireless device around the world; the company already boasts more 4G LTE wireless sites across its launch footprint than any of its competitors.
When asked what that means for the customer, Mr. MacLellan explained: “It means that unlike our competitors’ legacy networks, customers in all of our markets, big and small, will experience the same lightning fast speed. So a customer in Bridgewater, for example, will enjoy the same speeds and capabilities as a customer in Halifax.”
Bridgewater customers looking to add Eastlink’s new wireless service can stop by the retail location at the Bridgewater Mall or by calling 1-888-345-1111.
Eastlink first launched its Wireless service back in February and currently offers wireless service in Nova Scotia, PEI and Sackville, NB.
The Eastlink Wireless Difference
Atlantic Canada’s largest 4G LTE network
- Lightning fast 4G LTE across the entire Eastlink Wireless network
- Built locally, using state-of-the-art network equipment from Ericsson, the world’s largest and most innovative mobile communications supplier
- Coverage in 230 countries around the world on our roaming partner networks
The latest Smartphones with No Term Contracts
- Eastlink easyTab offers low upfront device pricing with no term contracts. Plus, the flexibility to upgrade at any time and earn credit towards the customer’s next device
- Devices from top-selling Smartphone brands including Samsung, LG, Sony and BlackBerry
- The world’s most popular Android Smartphones, including the new Samsung Galaxy S4
- Available now, the redesigned, reinvented BlackBerry Z10 and coming soon, the BlackBerry Q10
Big Savings in a Bundle
- The more customers have, the more customers save…
- Save 20% off a monthly Wireless plan in a Quad-play Bundle, for each phone in a customer’s household
- Families can share minutes and data
Simple plans - Loaded with Value
We know our customers best; because we live & work here too.
- Plans start at $20/mo in a Bundle with No Activation Fees, Unlimited Text and Call Display included.
- Best value Unlimited Talk & Text plan - available for as little as $30 per month.
- Flexible data options, with 1 GB of data from only $16 per month.
Local Customer Care, with a proven record of outstanding customer service.
For more information about Eastlink Wireless or other Eastlink services, visit www.eastlink.ca or on Facebook and Twitter.
As Canada's largest, family owned and operated telecommunications company with operations in eight Canadian provinces and Bermuda, Eastlink provides residential, business and public sector customers with industry leading video entertainment and communications services.
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink's advanced services include Unmatched TV featuring Personal Picks, Maestro DVR and Video OnDemand, high speed Internet scalable to 200 Mbps, competitive local and long distance telephone, home security and automation, data communications and exclusive locally-produced programming via Eastlink TV. Thanks to its 1,700 employees across Canada, Eastlink has been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for seven years running.
Public and Media Relations