Halifax, Nova Scotia - Sigma Systems, www.sigma-systems.com, a premier provider and leader in the design, development and deployment of OSS service management solutions, has been selected by Eastlink, Canada's fifth largest cable provider, to license Sigma's Service Management Platform (SMP) for the delivery of residential and commercial telephone and Internet services. Sigma's service management solution will be integrated / and certified with Eastlink's billing platform.
"We chose Sigma's SMP because of their in-depth experience and track record of delivering solutions to other service providers worldwide," says Eastlink senior director of Engineering and Operations, Jim Fitzgerald. "Today, Eastlink has an extensive telephone service offering available to our customers and we needed a proven solution that would allow us the flexibility to support the multitude of features and packages with the reliability that our customers expect. We needed to upgrade our back-office infrastructure so we could easily create, provision and manage services across a multi-vendor network."
SMP is a high performance, extremely reliable, flexible, and customizable service management platform with proven service provider deployments in North America, Europe, CALA, and Asia Pacific since 1996. Sigma SMP automates end-to-end order management and service provisioning of subscription, on-demand, and converged telecommunications services for IP broadband and wireless service providers.
"We are working very closely with customers like Eastlink to deliver end-to-end OSS automation to service providers with complex services like commercial voice telephony," adds Tim Spencer, president and COO Sigma Systems. "Eastlink is capitalizing on Sigma's industry proven and deployed voice solutions with the ability to rapidly create, provision and manage a large array of residential and commercial telephony features and packaged service offerings."
As part of this current deployment, Eastlink is deploying:
- Sigma's Service Management Platform (SMP), which automates order management, service provisioning and activation, service authorization and resource management for complex services on a multi vendor service delivery networks.
- Sigma Voice Service Package that provisions commercial and residential dial tone access, voicemail, calling features and long distance choice for voice telephony networks.
- The Sigma Service Topology Manager (STM), a comprehensive solution for modeling, assessing and managing the relationship between subscriber services and the underlying network.
- The Sigma CLEC Interconnection Gateway including the functionality to manage the voice service lifecycle as it proceeds through the complex process of activation and other transitions through dealings with LEC trading partners.
- The Sigma Service Profile Manager (SPM), a CSR order capture web portal with the ability to enter and manage the subscriber's service profile, order status and history.
Eastlink has also licensed Sigma's high-speed data solution built on top of Sigma's Service Management Platform (SMP) and plans to deploy it in a future release.
Operating from its headquarters in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the Maritimes’ largest privately owned and operated telecommunications and entertainment company. Eastlink is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies with more than 750 employees who provide a range of communications, entertainment & advertising services to business and residential customers across the Maritimes. For more information on Eastlink and its products and services, visit www.eastlink.ca.
Public and Media Relations