We’re connected more than ever before so it’s never been more important to protect yourself and your family from online threats like hackers, scams and phishing attacks. We’re sharing some tips to help you stay safe online.
1. Activate Eastlink Internet Security & Support: Internet Security is included for free with all Internet plans, providing constant protection and support for up to 10 devices. Powered by F-Secure, Internet Security updates automatically and offers protection both inside and outside your home. We also offer upgraded packages for a complete solution.
2. Install security updates: We know waiting for updates to install is annoying, but it’s important not to delay them. Manufacturers respond to security vulnerabilities by releasing patches, so it’s critical to install your devices’ updates in a timely manner to ensure your operating system and software is up-to-date.
3. Choose strong passwords: Strong passwords contain a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols, and no personal information of any kind. Try a password generator to help you create them. If you need to write your passwords down to remember them, make sure to store them securely, or use your antivirus program’s password manager. And remember, never reuse your passwords!
4. Turn on multi-factor authentication: Many apps and devices now offer multi-factor authentication (MFA) in their settings, so make sure to turn it on! MFA adds an extra layer to the login process. After entering your password, MFA will prompt you to complete your login with a question, fingerprint or safe device, helping to further safeguard you against hackers.
5. Back up your device: Periodically backing up your documents, photos and other files ensures your data stays protected in the case of unexpected events. If you choose to store your data in the cloud, make sure to use a strong password and enable MFA if offered. Likewise if you back up your files to an external hard drive, make sure to store it in a safe place.
Want to learn more about protecting yourself from online scams? Click here.
With WiFi Perfected, enjoy a powerful and reliable connection along with advanced safety and security features, all controlled by a single app. WiFi Perfected uses eero beacons to deliver fast and secure Internet to every part of your home, while safeguarding your network. The eero constantly engages in active threat protection to prevent malware and viruses, as well as alerting you to malicious attempts to access your network. Its encryption and security software also updates automatically, so it’s always up-to-date and you have one less thing to worry about.
The eero app gives you complete control of your home Internet network. You’ll be able to see which devices are connected, monitor security scans, and enable parental controls to keep an eye on children’s usage and block websites you don’t want them to access. The app also always you to create a guest network with its own password, so visitors can join without having access to your password.
With WiFi Perfected, we’ve made it simple to enjoy the fastest speeds in every room in your home while staying secure online.
Not finding what you're looking for? Our support pages have lots of great information to help you get the most out of your Eastlink services.
Chat is available Monday - Friday from 8am to 9pm and Saturday from 9am to 5pm.
Locate your nearest Eastlink Store.
Our Canadian based customer service team is ready to help you.
Our Chat Support Hours: Monday to Friday: 8 AM to 9 PM, Saturday: 9 AM to 5 PM, Sunday (Tech Support only): 9AM to 5PM. Holiday Hours may differ. For frequently asked questions, find the answers in Eastlink Support.
For assistance with purchasing or upgrading your products and services, or to make changes to your account.
For technical support assistance with your products and services.
For assistance or questions about your billing and / or statement.
Connect with Us
for region specific information