Wireless CRTC Code Checklist
For an ASL video of the below checklist, click here.
The Wireless Code establishes basic rights for all wireless consumers. Eastlink adheres fully to the Wireless Code, plus we provide additional protections to ensure the best wireless experience.
You have the right to:
• cancel your term commitment after a maximum of two years at no additional cost
• be the only person who can approve additional charges on a shared or family plan, unless you authorize another user to do so
• limit your data overage charges to $50 a month and your data roaming charges to $100 a month
for all devices on your account
• keep the key terms and conditions of your term commitment, including the services included and the price for those services, for the duration of your commitment
• suspend your service at no cost if your phone is lost or stolen
• receive a Critical Information Summary, which explains your term commitment in under two pages
• receive a notification when you are roaming in a different country telling you the rates for voice,
text and data usage
• get information in plain language that clearly describes what services are included and when and why you may be charged extra
• have your phone unlocked immediately upon request by your service provider, at no charge, and receive a new phone unlocked
• a 15 day trial period with the purchase of a new phone, as long as you have not used more than half of your monthly usage and are unhappy with your service
Are you a person with a disability?
Have a complaint about your mobile service?
First, try to resolve the issue with your service provider. If you are still unsatisfied, contact the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services:
Mail: P.O. Box 56067 Minto Place RO, Ottawa, ON K1R 7Z1
Email: [email protected]